Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Love Mondays!


Monday (1.5.2015):
So for P-day, after my weekly email to President Maxwell and home, Elder L and I went to take our monthly money out of the ATM... Well, to our surprise Elder L’s bank card had somehow gotten locked out of the banking system! Luckily I had plenty of money to cover both of us for the week :) hahaha When we went shopping it was a TOTAL culture shock for poor Elder L... it made me wonder what I must have looked like on my 1st shopping trip as a missionary :)… it just made me laugh. After shopping, we went home and I built the Lego you guys sent me for Christmas. It was nice having a Christmas tradition to do even though I was far away from home:)

You've gotta love Christmas traditions... 
even when you're halfway around the world.

Tuesday (1.6.2015):
It was a super solid day! But I’m not going to lie... training a missionary who is having to learn a language can be super boring sometimes.... a lot of the time he doesn’t know what to say, and when I try to say something he doesn’t understand me…but it’s all good:) I am just looking on the bright side and making the best of it:) As for the day we actually taught a lot of lessons. We taught a guy named E from Italy who speaks very limited English. It is really hard to teach people like that, but it is nice to break the Gospel down in to such simple terminology!

Having a little fun while Elder L is studying his English.

Then we taught a Filipino named A. He is very intelligent and he seemed to really like the idea of the restoration! Then we taught K. He is from Japan! We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ because he didn’t know who Jesus was. He was amazed to learn all his past sins and guilt can be forgiven through the atonement. We set a baptismal date with him for the 7th of February… But we will know more as we meet with him.

To end the day we taught a Indonesian Christian named M. We went straight to the Restoration because that is what sets us apart from ANY other Church on this earth. I love when people naturally understand we need the Priesthood here on this earth to help us return to our Father in Heaven! It’s exciting to teach so many 1st lessons and I will look forward to seeing how each of them progress in their search for the truth.

Wednesday (1.7.2015):
We had a Miracle happen today! First off we missed our regular train into the city so we had to take a different train. We found out that train wasn’t going where we needed to be  so we had to switch trains once again! So after switching two times to two different trains, on the last train I heard a little girl speaking in what sounded like RUSSIAN! Low and behold there was a small Russian Family sitting right behind me! All of a sudden I saw Elder L become the happiest person I have EVER seen. Suddenly he starts speaking fluent Russian to them! While on the wrong train, we miraculously found a Russian family who lives in the city, that only by the Guidance of God we were blessed to be on! I KNOW THAT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER LIVES!

The rest of the day was great. We taught C another SOLID lesson on Joseph Smith! He is 100% for Baptism this Saturday:) I am so excited! L told us he was going to stop smoking again... but later he called us and said he only lasted 5 hours. It is really sad, but I can only imagine how hard it must be for L to give up his smoking addiction.

Thursday (1.8.2015):
We had Zone meeting today. I really enjoy these meetings because we get to come together as missionaries to visit and build each other up through trainings! I always get super pumped by Zone Meetings and I just want to do some work afterwards so we went out and GQed (Golden Questioning is street contacting in downtown Melbourne). GQing has been a little stressful for me lately because Elder L still has a hard time talking to people and expressing himself. So the new people we find to teach predominately comes from my GQ's; which is totally fine! The Lord blessed us HEAPS today and we got 7 new contacts!... which made it a great day! Also, the Russian family we met on the train, came to English class and then they invited us to their house for dinner. They wanted to get to know us better… THEY ARE AWESOME!!! They are the sweetest people I have ever met. The dads name is G, the mom is K and their 4 year old daughter is S. It was so nice to be with a family.

Friday (1.9.2015):
The Lord is really blessing our area! I think it is because Elder L is a Golden (new missionary from the MTC) and he is spreading some Golden Magic around Melbourne:) haha. We met with C, the lady from Columbia and taught her about the Church and the Word of Wisdom! She said she wants to be baptized and has set her date for the 24th of this month! The lesson went great and I hope she continues to feel the spirit as we rapidly teach her the gospel.

Then we taught a girl named A! She is awesome. I actually GQed her about 3 months ago and then she randomly texted us and said she wanted to meet. I think she has some real potential and I’m excited to teach her more about the gospel. Then a Miracle happened... I ran into D (the Cambodian man we baptized after my first two weeks in Melbourne) at the state library! He is back from the Holidays and I am so excited!

Saturday (1.10.2015):
Me and Elder L finally started understanding each other. At times the simplest of conversations have been challenging, but this experience is really blessing me with patience. We met with a guy named M from China who is an Australian citizen. He has lots of questions so it was really hard to get a flow in the lesson. But he is diligent about prayer and I feel he has real intent in wanting to learn about the gospel… so that is all that matters!

 Good times with Elder L outside our flat.

To finish off the night we went to the "Russian family’s" home again. They fed us dinner and K, the wife, said we are a part of the family now, and they love having us over! :) They seem semi interested in the gospel, but for now we are just enjoying spending time with the family and getting to know them better.

Sunday (1.11.2015):
It was just a normal Sunday! It’s always nice to go to church and feel the spirit of the members. Tonight I made a wonderful bowl of pasta for dinner.  As I was carrying it over to my desk the bowl exploded and I lost all of it. The pasta landed all over the floor and on my shoe... Oh well, that's the life of a missionary.


It looked so good I wished I could eat it off my shoe!

This week was SOLID. We actually got 21 total lessons! This tops my busiest week of 20 lessons during my first month here! I have found the harder I work the faster the time goes :) So all is good!

I love you all so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment